[gdal-dev] Memory increase in postgis raster driver

jramm jamessramm at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 03:12:59 PDT 2016

I am seeing a continuous, linear memory increase when reading sequential
windows of a large postgis dataset. This is the same regardless of my
GDAL_CACHEMAX settings
If I run he same code on an equivalent GTiff dataset, I do not see the same
increase in memory.

I can see that the postgis dataset RasterIO implementation calls CacheTile
for each tile it reads, which I think uses the GDAL caching mechanism - is
it possible that, since each tile will be *new* (due to the sequential read
over the dataset), it is somehow cached outside of the gdal cache/ignoring
the CACHEMAX setting?

I'm just stabbing in the dark here as I can't really find a reason for it
yet