[gdal-dev] Error in GDALWarp to NWT_GRD

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Jul 20 06:35:57 PDT 2016

Le mercredi 20 juillet 2016 15:29:37, James Ramm a écrit :
> The only 'fix' I can get working is to return a zero-filled array if the
> call to VSIFReadL fails in IReadBlock.
>
> Given that ReadBlock checks whether the block index is valid, I think it is
> safe to assume that if IReadBlock is called, the data is expected to be
> retrievable (i.e. VSIFReadL in IReadBlock would not fail due to a user
> requesting a block that is out of bounds as that raise an error much
> earlier), is it acceptable to do this?
>
> Any reason for VSIFReadL to fail for a valid block index where an error
> would be preferable to a zero'd array?

If the file is corrupted/truncated, it might be appropriate to return an error.
Or if the operating system doesn't manage to read the block (disk corruption)

I still don't get why VSIFTruncateL() wouldn't do the job. Are you sure you
are computing correctly the file size when extending it ?

> I also tried to see whether VSIGetRangeStatusL could be of any help.
> Interestingly, for the newly created raster (without any data added), it
> returns VSI_RANGE_STATUS_DATA for the very first block and
> VSI_RANGE_STATUS_HOLE
> for subsequent blocks.

The granularity of the information is linked a disk sector (4 KB ? might
depend on the filesystem) so it is not surprising that the first block returns
DATA given there's an header.