[gdal-dev] Call for discussion on RFC 63 : Sparse datasets improvements

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Jul 22 03:10:44 PDT 2016

All,

I've updated the proposed implementation and the RFC, mostly on improving
documentation based on the feedback of this thread.

One point I've had in mind, but didn't implement, is the possibility of having
a GetDataCoverageStatus() at the dataset level, in addition to the raster band
level. Could potentially be useful for pixel-interleaved datasets, but that
can be added later if needed. But if you work with a pixel-interleaved
GeoTIFF, you can emulate that by just calling GetDataCoverageStatus() on the
first band.

If there are no further remarks, I'll call for a vote.

Best regards,

Even