[gdal-dev] OGR - S57 - geometry extraction issue
david.ferdoille at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 06:12:37 PDT 2016
We are trying to render S57 files as ENC through Geoserver.
We convert S57 to shapefiles thanks to ogr2ogr : 1 shapefile for 1 class
(ex : COALNE) and 1 geometry type (LINE) :
ogrinfo -oo "RETURN_PRIMITIVES=ON" -oo "RETURN_LINKAGES=ON" -oo
"LNAM_REFS=ON" CELLLL.000 COALNE
ogr2ogr -skipfailures -where "OGR_GEOMETRY='POINT' or
OGR_GEOMETRY='MULTIPOINT'" SOUNDG_points.shp CELLLL.000 SOUNDG
We use gdal-2.1.0 with the S57_CSV environnement variable
(S57_CSV=/usr/local/share/gdal/ with s57*.csv files).
We noticed that objects (of COALNE class for example) have multiple
geometries and each sub-geometry have attributes like POSACC and QUAPOS
which are important for S52 representation.
We've succeeded to extract primitives (Edge, isolated points, connected
points, ...), but it looks very complex to operate.
We have some problems to extract geometries from s57 objects :
- we noticed that, for an object, all sub-geometries are aggregated to one
- we didn't succeed to extract geometry attributes like POSACC and QUAPOS
1) Is there a way to not aggregate sub-geometries of an object and get this
list of sub-geometries ?
2) Is there a way to extract geometry attributes like POSACC and QUAPOS ?
3) If not, are these features planned ?
Thanks for your help !
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the gdal-dev