[gdal-dev] R: Problem using ogrlineref

Dmitry Baryshnikov bishop.dev at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 09:25:50 PDT 2016

Hi Nicola,

The first and last segments usually have beg and end fields value not a
multiple of 1000.
I.e. begin = 576 m, end 1000 m or begin 76200 m, end 76234 m
This is ok, and ogrlineref correctly woks with this case.

I think, that you can try to play with your data without equal parts
sizes. But ogrlineref need - beg (double), end(double) and scale
(double) fields.
Scale - is spatial length of you part divided on linear lenght.
I.e. scale = part.get_Length() / (end - beg)

Best regards,
     Dmitry