[gdal-dev] GDAL 2.1 release plans

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue Mar 1 10:02:29 PST 2016

Le lundi 29 février 2016 22:19:03, Sean Gillies a écrit :
> On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 7:11 AM, Even Rouault <even.rouault at spatialys.com>
>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > As I've received lately a few emails asking me about GDAL 2.1, it's time
> > to discuss that publicly.
> >
> > To keep roughly with our yearly cycle, I think we could probably target a
> > beta
> > 1 for the beginning of April, with possibly the release happening end
> > April/beginning May if things go well (optimistic scenario : 3 weeks for
> > betas
> > + 1 week RCs).
> >
> > Opinions ? Any candidate for being release manager ?
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Even
>
> I wish I could raise my hand for the release manager job, but I'm pretty
> tied up with the GeoJSON WG.
>
> I like the time frame you've proposed. There's some work in progress I'd
> like to see in 2.1 (https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/pull/98) and 4 weeks
> should be enough to finish it.

Hi,

I intend to cut a 2.1.0 beta1 release on March 31st, which will be the feature
freeze and start point of the 2.1 branch.

For everybody information, are there major pieces of work (other than the
above mentionned one) that are expected to land in trunk during this month ?

Regarding M support, the following drivers have been updated : Shapefile,
PostGIS, MEM, FileGDB, OpenFileGDB, CSV, VRT, GeoPackage, SQLite/Spatialite.
(Personal Geodatabase should probably work too, but untested). As well as
ogrinfo / ogr2ogr. Earlier testers appreciated.

Even