[gdal-dev] WMS Driver defaulting to version 1.1.1

Damian Dixon damian.dixon at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 07:34:30 PST 2016

I would concur with Ian and Jeff.

My experience of WMS servers is that those that say that they are 1.3.0 are
miss-configured or are just not following the standard well enough.

Not all of the WMS 1.3.0 servers are at fault but enough that it is safer
and less time consuming to default to 1.1.0.

Because of this we changed the default behavior of our software to ask for
1.1.1 first unless the user has specifically asked us to use 1.3.0.

Regards
Damian