[gdal-dev] GSOC 2016

Dmitry Baryshnikov bishop.dev at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 07:13:27 PDT 2016

Hi Sarthak,

1. The GDAL have 2 postgis drivers (raster and vector).
2. You need to add some information to the doxygen comment of
GetConnectionInfo method about new functionality.
3. Do you look at psql behaviour? It seems to me the ticket author means
to get the database name not only from environment variable, but also
from the current logged user name.
4. There is a logic error: You form connection string based on
parameters (papszParams) here -
https://github.com/sarthak-0415/gdal/blob/trunk/gdal/frmts/postgisraster/postgisrasterdataset.cpp#L2502
, but change the
papszParams below (i.e.
https://github.com/sarthak-0415/gdal/blob/trunk/gdal/frmts/postgisraster/postgisrasterdataset.cpp#L2605).
Also changed papszParams never used and only freed here -
https://github.com/sarthak-0415/gdal/blob/trunk/gdal/frmts/postgisraster/postgisrasterdataset.cpp#L2735.

Best regards,
     Dmitry