[gdal-dev] GSOC 2016

sarthak agarwal sarthak0415 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 14:36:05 PDT 2016

On Sun, Mar 13, 2016 at 11:07 PM, Even Rouault <even.rouault at spatialys.com>
wrote:

On Sunday 13 March 2016 17:13:27 Dmitry Baryshnikov wrote:
> > Hi Sarthak,
> >
> > 1. The GDAL have 2 postgis drivers (raster and vector).

RIght now I am working on raster part, I still have to figure out which
part of the code takes care of vector postgis driver.

> 2. You need to add some information to the doxygen comment of

> GetConnectionInfo method about new functionality.

I made changes in the comments, I guess doxygen reads comments in between
the lines of the code. If still I have to make some changes, please tell me.

> 3. Do you look at psql behaviour? It seems to me the ticket author means
> > to get the database name not only from environment variable, but also
> > from the current logged user name.
>
> We should be as tolerant as the OGR PG driver is. ie not constraint the
> user
> to specify more than what PQconnectdb() requires  (ie it can be potentially
> empty)
>
> I have made the changes to make DBname to NULL if we do not have any
database name or username.

> > 4. There is a logic error: You form connection string based on
> > parameters (papszParams) here -
> >
> https://github.com/sarthak-0415/gdal/blob/trunk/gdal/frmts/postgisraster/pos
> > tgisrasterdataset.cpp#L2502 , but change the
> > papszParams below (i.e.
> >
> https://github.com/sarthak-0415/gdal/blob/trunk/gdal/frmts/postgisraster/pos
> > tgisrasterdataset.cpp#L2605). Also changed papszParams never used and
> only
> > freed here -
> >
> https://github.com/sarthak-0415/gdal/blob/trunk/gdal/frmts/postgisraster/pos
> > tgisrasterdataset.cpp#L2735.

I fixed that logical error, and Now it reads the username twice (once to
init the dbname and second for the connection)
you can find those changes here
<https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/compare/trunk...sarthak-0415:trunk#diff-31df0e62d00ca09f9f11ad2f29e94b540>
and travis <https://travis-ci.org/sarthak-0415/gdal/builds/115730596> for
the builds.