[gdal-dev] debug vsicurl support

Vish Uma viswaug at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 19 15:47:16 PDT 2016

I have been trying to build GDAL 2.0.2 on an EC2 instance using amazon linux and am having trouble opening datasets with "vsicurl". I did build curl on the machine first and supplied the "--with-curl=/path/to/curl-config" since I am building to an user local directory. The GDAL build output contains no suspicious output in regards to curl. I am providing the corresponding output below.
...checking for curl_global_init in -lcurl... yes...  cURL support (wms/wcs/...):yes
when ii try running "gdalinfo /vsicurl/http:/path/to/image.tif" i get the following error
./path/to/gdalinfo /vsicurl/http://path/to/ftype.tif
gdalinfo failed - unable to open '/vsicurl/https://s3.amazonaws.com/timmons-test/ftype_a_UT_projected.tif'.
./path/to/gdalinfo --debug on /vsicurl/http://path/to/ftype.tif
gdalinfo failed - unable to open '/vsicurl/https://s3.amazonaws.com/timmons-test/ftype_a_UT_projected.tif'.
./path/to/gdalinfo --debug on --config CPL_CURL_VERRBOSE YES /vsicurl/http://path/to/ftype.tif
gdalinfo failed - unable to open '/vsicurl/https://s3.amazonaws.com/timmons-test/ftype_a_UT_projected.tif'.
gdalinfo works just fine when the tif is local. Any ideas on troubleshooting what is happening here?
Thank You,Vish