[gdal-dev] compile error on windows

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue May 3 10:42:57 PDT 2016

On 2016-05-03 1:36 PM, Even Rouault wrote:

> If you have the opportunity, it would be good if you could check if defining
> both _HDF5USEDLL_ and H5_BUILT_AS_DYNAMIC_LIB doesn't affect negatively your
> builds. Ideally, we'd like to have a default set of compilation flags that
> works out of the box for (almost) everybody.

It will depend how HDF5 was compiled (the cmake settings).  For example,
I build the static lib of HDF5, and therefore in GDAL's nmake.opt I
point to "libhdf5.lib".  In my case I therefore do not need to set
H5_BUILT_AS_DYNAMIC_LIB

If I try to set both _HDF5USEDLL_ and H5_BUILT_AS_DYNAMIC_LIB I get 61
unresolved symbols in the linker.

Now are you understanding my grey hair comment Even? :)

I feel these notes are important to document in the buildhints wiki.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/