[gdal-dev] GDAL 2.1 and Norwegian SOSI

Blumentrath, Stefan Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Sun May 8 13:31:17 PDT 2016

Dear all,

Yesterday, I uploaded a patch for:
https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/6503

Would be nice if someone could review and implement (the patch worked and solved the issue on my system).

An open question is whether the SOSI geometry "BUEP" (which describes a curve) should be translated to a curved OGR geometry or not. A possibly relevant background information: SOSI is a topological format and polygons are made up by the line geometries in a SOSI file. So, I don`t know if line strings and curved geometries would cause trouble if used in one and the same layer as well as for constructing polygons.

Kind regards,
Stefan