[gdal-dev] GDAL python bindings build error (gcc command replaced by bash)

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue Nov 1 08:32:04 PDT 2016

Le vendredi 01 juillet 2016 13:17:54, Kai Muehlbauer a écrit :
> Hi James,
>
> I did experience the same issue. See
>
> https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/gdal-dev/2016-July/044678.html
>
> Although I did not find the root cause of this, I found that in my use
> case, copying and unsetting CC and CXX environment variables did the trick.
>
> So what I did is:
>
> export CF_CC=$CC
> export CF_CXX=$CXX
> unset CC CXX
> ./configure CC=$CF_CC \
>              CXX=$CF_CXX \
>              --prefix=$PREFIX
> make
>
> Hoping for more insight by gdal-devs.

I've just hit that issue too and pushed
https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/changeset/36067 to fix/workaround it.
By instrumenting Python distutils code, I concluded that this is a bad
interaction between the CXX variable of the GDALmake.opt and Python distutils
when CXX is made of several "words" (that occurs only when CXX is defined in
the environment too, whatever its value ! Which is probably a standard GNU
make behaviour)

James, if you still have a tree with the configuration that hit the issue,
could you have a look at the value of the CXX variable in GDALmake.opt ? From
the error message, it would seem that there is /bin/bash in it, which is a bit
surprising.

Even