[gdal-dev] Simple circle in OGR

Renison rex200789 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 13:46:46 PDT 2016

Hello all, I am trying to create a simple circle geometry in OGR. My approach
so far has been something like this:

            SpatialReference defaultGeoSys = new SpatialReference("");
            defaultGeoSys.SetWellKnownGeogCS("EPSG:4326");

            //define a circle using point and buffer
            string pointlineString = "POINT (" + longitude + " " + latitude
+")";
            var circle = OGR.Ogr.CreateGeometryFromWkt(ref pointlineString,
defaultGeoSys);
            circle.Buffer(MilesToMeters(radiusInMiles), 2000);

But the circle.Buffer(params,params) does not seem to create a circle. All I
have is a point and a radius. Is there a way to achieve what I want?