[gdal-dev] Seg fault & error running gdal_rasterize on a non georeferenced raster

Tim Waters chippy2005 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 05:03:09 PST 2016

On 29 November 2016 at 22:36, Even Rouault <even.rouault at spatialys.com> wrote:
> Tim,
>
> Could you provide the dataset to reproduce as well ? And it seems your
> Python script is not valid since the 'sr' variable passed in
> rast_ogr_ds.CreateLayer( 'poly', srs=sr ) is not defined.

Hello,

Apologies for the script not working! I sanitized paths etc and broke
it, doh - I hope this email helps.

I've put all the correct files in a new GitHub repository:
https://github.com/timwaters/gdal_rasterize_error
including an expected screenshot of the inverted burn which was
generated from my box running 1.10.1

(Note that it appears that in 1.10.1 the raster does successfully get
burnt, no error or segfault is shown, but the script will output
"fail")

I've looked at whether -to SRC_METHOD=NO_GEOTRANSFORM is available for
the gdal_rasterize utility but I don't think it is?

Best regards and thanks in advance,

Tim