[gdal-dev] GDAL Errors while building PostGIS extension?

sablok sablok at amazon.com
Thu Oct 27 16:35:55 PDT 2016

Hello people, I am trying to build PostGIS extensions on my machine. I have
bee able to install all the dependencies of PostGIS successfully namely
Json-c, PCRE, PROJ, GEOS and GDAL however while compiling these dependencies
I noticed a peculiar warning being thrown every time around with regards to
the libz shared object library the code wanted to use to build itself and
that is whenever make wanted to link against libz it always printed a
warning : "no version information available" but the compilation went
succesfully and I could see the different shared objects in the libs and the
necessary binaries being built. But now when I try to execute the following
command to configure PostGIS

./configure --with-gdalconfig=/root/bin/gdal-config
--with-geosconfig=/root/bin/geos-config --with-projdir=/root
--with-jsondir=/root --with-pgconfig=/root/bin/pg_config
--with-xml2config=/root/bin/xml2-config

it errors out with the following statement : Could not find GDALAllRegister,
Could not find GDAL and in the config.log it points out the code where the
error occured with the following statement :

/root/lib/libgdal.so: undefined reference to `inflateCopy at ZLIB_1.2.0'

Can anyone help me out with what is going wrong here and how can I fix this?