[gdal-dev] C# Calculate large rasters

Paul Meems bontepaarden at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 07:16:24 PDT 2017

Hi List,

I'm working on a C# application using the GDAL C#-bindings (v2.1.2).

I have a (potentially) large single band GeoTiff (>100MB).
I need to use this raster file, apply a formula and save as a new tiff.

I already figured out I can use CreateCopy to create a copy of the input
raster.
Next I need to loop through each pixel and apply the formula and at the end
Flush.

My worries are about the reading of the pixels.
I want to use:
band.ReadRaster
but is this the recommended workflow to change each pixel?
Won't I get out-of-memory issues when reading large dataset or doing
multiples on the same time?

Please advice.

And no I can't use Python or C++ ;(

Thanks,