[gdal-dev] I can't get ogr2ogr to overwrite an existing table

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Sat Apr 8 09:29:24 PDT 2017

On vendredi 7 avril 2017 15:59:49 CEST Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm having trouble figuring out how to overwrite an existing table with
> ogr2ogr. I have tried various combos of arguments without success.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

I'm not sure. Similar requests work for me with GDAL 2.1. Maybe try to manually drop the
table (if it is a table...)

Seeing the 'CREATE TABLE "census"."roads" ( "gid" SERIAL, PRIMARY KEY ("gid") )' statement,
it makes me wonder if you are not using an older GDAL version (Newer versions will issue a
CREATE TABLE with all columns) that might have trouble with overwriting existing tables and
schemas.

Note for everyone: please mention the version you are using.

Even