[gdal-dev] Limiting Oracle layers to the tables of a given schema

Ivan Lucena lucena_ivan at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 13 12:41:44 PDT 2017

According to the doc:
"If the list of tables is not provided, then all tables appearing in ALL_SDO_GEOM_METADATA will be treated by OGR as layers with the table names as the layer names. Non-spatial tables or spatial tables not listed in the ALL_SDO_GEOM_METADATA table are not accessible unless explicitly listed in the datasource name. Even in databases where all desired layers are in the ALL_SDO_GEOM_METADATA table, it may be desirable to list only the tables to be used as this can substantially reduce initialization time in databases with many tables."

You might avoiding that issue by entering an empty table list when loading, like in "OCI:usr/pwd at db:". Please note the ":" at the end.