[gdal-dev] Building java bindings with GDAL 2.1.3

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Apr 28 01:13:21 PDT 2017

Paolo,

> I am wondering if this could be caused by the SWIG version which I am using?

Yes much likely this error is typical of a mismatch between SWIG 1.3 and SWIG 2 or 3. It is
likely that the gdal.jar in GeoServer was produced with SWIG 1.3, so you'll need to
generate the native part (libgdalconstjni.so, etc...) with SWIG 1.3 as well (you can build it
easily from source, ./configure --prefix=$HOME/install-swig-1.3; make; make install and
then put $HOME/install-swig-1.3/bin in top of your PATH, before building again the GDAL
Java bindings). Or you may try to replace the gdal.jar located somewhere in the geoserver
installation with the one you've generated with SWIG 3.
But in both cases I'm not completely sure that things will work due to a few (subtle)
changes in the GDAL Java API between GDAL 1.x used by this old GeoServer and GDAL 2.
Depends if GeoServer uses those API.

Even