[gdal-dev] GDAL 2.2.0 RC1 available

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Apr 28 09:28:08 PDT 2017

Hi,

I've issued a release candidate for GDAL 2.2.0

The source is available at:

    http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/2.2.0/gdal-2.2.0RC1.tar.xz
    http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/2.2.0/gdal-2.2.0RC1.tar.gz
    http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/2.2.0/gdal220RC1.zip

A snapshot of the Python autotest suite can be downloaded from:

    http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/2.2.0/gdalautotest-2.2.0RC1.tar.gz
    http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/2.2.0/gdalautotest-2.2.0RC1.zip

The GDAL-GRASS plugin hasn't changed since beta1 :

    http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/2.2.0/gdal-grass-2.2.0beta1.tar.gz

A snapshot of the documentation :

    http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/2.2.0/gdal220doc.zip

I'll call for a vote to promote it to final middle of next week if nothing serious is reported
before.

Changes since beta2 :
- cpl_multiproc.cpp: fix compiler errors in CPL_MULTIPROC_STUB mode, and fix runtime crash
in that mode
- Idrisi: make Create() zero-initialize the .rst file (#6873)
- Export OGRJSonParse so that amigocloud can be built as a plugin
- GPX: ignore wpt/rtept/trkpt with empty content for lat or lon
- S57: add POSACC and QUAPOS fields for geometric primitive layers (github #205)
- PG: avoid errors with field default expressions like 'foo'::text (#6872)
- netCDF: fix crash on int64/uint64 dimensions and variables, and add support for them
(#6870)
- ESRIJson: support reading M and ZM geometries
- SQLite dialect: properly quote column names when needed (github #214)

For the record, the issue with compiling QGIS 2.18 against GDAL 2.2 has been solved by a
change committed in QGIS 2.18 branch. And the issue to build with a OSX xcode version by
bumping the MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET number.

Even