[gdal-dev] Building java bindings with GDAL 2.1.3

Paolo Corti pcorti at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 11:53:26 PDT 2017

Hi Even

On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 1:40 PM, Even Rouault
<even.rouault at spatialys.com> wrote:

> Heck, latest GeoServer still using such an ancient version of GDAL... Or
> perhaps the doc is not up-to-date.

I have this doubt as well, that is why I sent an email to the
geoserver list. Let's see what it comes out.
https://sourceforge.net/p/geoserver/mailman/message/35811992/

> I've managed with the attached patch (which removes the internal strndup()
> declaration and defintion). I've not tried if the build is running fine, but
> at least this compiles.

The patch worked beautifully. I could compile GDAL, Java bindings, and
now gdalinfo correctly reads .ecw, and so it does GeoServer with the
GDAL plugin.

Thanks so much, really appreciated!
If you will be in Boston for the FOSS4G I owe you a beer at least :)

Paolo Corti
Geospatial software developer
web: http://www.paolocorti.net
twitter: @capooti