[gdal-dev] How to drop a raster layer from GeoPackage?

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue Aug 22 02:49:43 PDT 2017

On mardi 22 août 2017 09:42:40 CEST Rahkonen Jukka (MML) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There is an interesting question in gis.stackexchange about how to remove a
> raster layer from GeoPackage
> https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/252782/remove-a-raster-from-geopack
> age.
>
> I had a try and gdalmanage did not have any effect on the GeoPackage
> database but the workflow with ogrinfo works for me. Are there any other
> alternatives?

The manual ogrinfo way is the only one using GDAL utilities.

We should probably extend the -sql "DELLAYER:xxxx" syntax to work with raster tables as
well. Actually I see we currently also catch "DROP TABLE xxxx" to drop the table and remove
links in other tables in the vector case (so with th same effect as DELLAYER:xxxxx). Would
you mind creating an enhancement ticket about that ?

There's ongoing work on the QGIS side (dev version only I guess) to offer in the DBManager a
way to delete raster layers (issuing the SQL requests under the hood)

Even