[gdal-dev] Generating Cloud Optimized GeoTIFFs

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue Aug 29 10:02:32 PDT 2017

On mardi 29 août 2017 09:57:21 CEST daunnc wrote:
> Cool, thanks! Can you write here when it'll be updated?

It was already committed in GDAL trunk when I sent the previous email.

> The error is missing IFD_OFFSET tag. Should it be specified manually or it
> is fine to have it missing? Is it a COG requirement?

I'm not sure how to rephrase better what I wrote in my previous email. IFD_OFFSET is not a
tag, this is a structural element of any TIFF file. There is compulsory an IFD for any TIFF file.
The fact that you don't get this metadata item is a software issue, and should be solved (if
you comment out that check, I'm pretty sure you'll have other issues then, so you need to
find what's wrong in your setup). Your file has necessarily an IFD and thus an IFD offset.

Even