[gdal-dev] GPKG: CREATE TABLE AS not working as expected

Tobias Wendorff tobias.wendorff at tu-dortmund.de
Thu Dec 28 09:53:11 PST 2017

Thanks for your answer.

Am Do, 28.12.2017, 18:41 schrieb Even Rouault:

> CREATE TABLE will bypass most driver-level logic that is needed for
> a spatial table to be properly recognized as such. You could fix that
> by manually registering the table in gpkg_contents and
> gpkg_geometry_columns table,

Ah okay. I already thought it wouldn't be as easy as PostGIS ;)

> but the most simple way of accomplishing what you want to do is:
> ogr2ogr -update test.gpkg test.gpkg -sql "SELECT ..." -nln sorted

I just tried it, but the target table has the same order as the
original table:

ogr2ogr -update test.gpkg test.gpkg -sql "SELECT * FROM mytable ORDER BY
ST_GeoHash(ST_Transform(ST_Envelope(geom), 4326), 10)" -nln sorted

This gives me the correct sorting:
ogrinfo -ro test.gpkg -sql "SELECT * FROM mytable ORDER BY
ST_GeoHash(ST_Transform(ST_Envelope(geom), 4326), 10)"