[gdal-dev] Setting a point into postgresql using GDAL

jratike80 jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Tue Feb 7 04:56:50 PST 2017

andreahmed wrote
> Hi All,
> I’m trying to set a point xyz, which represents longitude altitude
> latitude, but when I create the feature, I get Error 1 Can’t find
> transcation response.
>
> The Geometry field is set by this in the database:
>
> ALTER TABLE poiserver ALTER COLUMN geom TYPE GEOMETRY(POINTZ,4326) USING
> ST_Force3D(geom);
>
> Thanks

Hi "andreahmed"

I need to say that your question as you put it makes no sense for the
readers of this mailing list. I believe that you continue your struggle with
trying to do transactions with TinyOWS and GDAL. There is another thread
about this in Mapserver-users list
http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/getting-layers-from-tinyows-tc5306192.html.
You also started a new cross-post thread
http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Setting-a-point-into-postgresql-tc5306718.html.

Instead of starting new threads I would consider improving your initial
question. The "MCVE" advice at http://stackoverflow.com/help/mcve is a good
starting point. It can still happen that nobody can help you because there
may be rather few who have experience on TinyOWS WFS + XYX point geometries
+ GDAL as WFS client, but you will have better possibilities. It also
happens quite often for me that the problem gets solved while I gather and
test the Minimal, Complete, and Verifiable example.

Best regards,

-Jukka Rahkonen-