[gdal-dev] Convert multipolygons from OSM

xavier lhomme lhomme.xavier at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 11:31:23 PST 2017

Hi
 I'm trying to extract multipologons from a PBF file  and convert them to a
Fgdb or ashapefile  :

More pricesely , I'm trying to extract waterway on Paris, And I don't
succeed to retreive the Seine river. But only some part.

Here is my cmdline  :

Ogr2ogr -f "FileGDB"   c:\Users\xle\Documents\ArcGIS\idf.gdb -nln waterway
-config OSM_CONFIG_FILE myosmconf.ini -skipfailures -overwrite -gt 65536
-dialect SQLITE  -sql "SELECT GEOMETRY, osm_id, waterway as fclass, name
from multipolygons where waterway is not null " ile-de-france-latest.osm.pbf

waterway has been added to the myosmconf.ini

[multipolygons]

# common attributes

# note: for multipolygons, osm_id=yes instantiates a osm_id field for the
id of relations

# and a osm_way_id field for the id of closed ways. Both fields are
exclusively set.

osm_id=yes

osm_version=no

osm_timestamp=no

osm_uid=no

osm_user=no

osm_changeset=no

# keys to report as OGR fields

attributes=name,type,aeroway,amenity,admin_level,barrier,
boundary,building,craft,geological,historic,land_area,
landuse,leisure,man_made,military,natural,office,place,shop,sport,tourism,
waterway

# keys that should NOT be reported in the "other_tags" field

ignore=area,created_by,converted_by,source,time,ele,
note,openGeoDB:,fixme,FIXME

# uncomment to avoid creation of "other_tags" field

#other_tags=no

# uncomment to create "all_tags" field. "all_tags" and "other_tags" are
exclusive

#all_tags=yes

Is there some other parameter thaht I should take into account ?

Or should I try with OSMOSIS to convert first to a OSM file then with
Ogr2Ogr as I saw on some blogs ?

best regards

xle