[gdal-dev] Problem with black edges to DOQQs using JPEG in Tiff compression

Brian Case rush at winkey.org
Sun Feb 12 13:16:29 PST 2017

Steve,

first, if your data is non lossy you need to nearblack -nb 0 -near 15

however your DOQQ's dont have a collar so there is no reason to
nearblack

gdalwarp -dstalpha will crate an alpha band to mask out the collar after
gdalwarp rotates the image. no nead to nearblack the output of gdal
warp.

when using gdal_translate to create a tiff with a mask band, and you
warped file has a alpha band, gdal_translate -b 1 -b 2 -b 3 -mask 4
this will crate a mask band from the alpha band

brian