[gdal-dev] Building GDAL with PROJ4 in a non-standard location?

Emmanuel d'Angelo emmanuel.dangelo at pix4d.com
Thu Feb 16 07:48:57 PST 2017

Hi everyone,

I'm experimenting with a C++ package manager (conan.io for interested
folks) to correctly setup my project and its dependencies.

In this experiment, I'm trying to wrap GDAL and build GDAL 2.1.1 using a
PROJ4 library that was put in a non-standard location by the package
manager. When I had a look at the configure.in file, I could find an option
to specify the path to PROJ4 install directory, but that is only set when
using the option --with-static-proj4.

Is there a way to pass the path to a dynamic library of PROJ4 when building
GDAL?

Thanks a lot,

Emmanuel