[gdal-dev] configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --with-macosx-framework

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue Jan 3 02:55:49 PST 2017

> Anyway, should I file a bug and commit the above path to the file
> "configure"?

configure should never been manually modified. It is regenerated by autoconf (currently
2.69) from configure.in

I've traced the issue to be linked to the following line in configure.in

AC_ARG_WITH(,[  --with-macosx-framework         Build and install GDAL as a Mac OS X
Framework],,)

Changing it to

AC_ARG_WITH(macosx-framework,[  --with-macosx-framework         Build and install GDAL as
a Mac OS X Framework],,)

seems to solve the issue.

Surprisingly, the AC_ARG_WITH(,[ ....]) syntax has been used since
https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/changeset/10196 , so perhaps the warning has always existed, or
autoconf is less tolerant now. Who knows.

Even