[gdal-dev] C++11 timeline

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Thu Jan 12 17:55:53 PST 2017

Kurt Schwehr <schwehr at gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks Gred and Andrew!  Those are exactly the kind of comments that help.
>
> Greg,
>
> I have lots of experience packaging GDAL in fink for the mac, but less
> elsewhere.  I found this like which implies that pkgsrc is at GDAL 1.11.3.
> Are there better links?

Yes, it's behind, for no good reason.  I need to update it.  I might
have tried and found it non-trivial, but I don't remember clearly.

> - http://pkgsrc.se/geography/gdal-lib

That's a good link. Canonical http pointer at:
   http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/pkgsrc/geography/gdal-lib/

Also, this shows build status on a lot of platforms (but a small
fraction of the set pkgsrc is intended to work on):

  https://bulktracker.appspot.com/pkgresults/geography/gdal-lib

> - https://github.com/joyent/pkgsrc/blob/trunk/geography/gdal-lib/Makefile

That's a soft fork, intending to have a few diffs but not much.  The
vast majority of things are the same, especially normal packages like
gdal-lib.