[gdal-dev] GMLAS does not resolve schema from WFS data

Rahkonen Jukka (MML) jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Wed Jan 18 02:52:28 PST 2017

Hi,

I downloaded one CadastralParcel from an INSPIRE service with curl

curl -k -o inspire-cp.gml "https://inspire-wfs.maanmittauslaitos.fi/inspire-wfs/cp?service=WFS&version=2.0.0&request=GetFeature&TypeNames=cp:CadastralParcel&count=1"

Then I tried to check what I have with ogrinfo but it fails

ogrinfo GMLAS:inspire-cp.gml

ERROR 3: Cannot resolve https://inspire-wfs.maanmittauslaitos.fi/inspire-wfs/cp?
SERVICE=WFS&VERSION=2.0.0&REQUEST=DescribeFeatureType&OUTPUTFORMAT=application%2
Fgml%2Bxml%3B+version%3D3.2&TYPENAME=cp:CadastralParcel&NAMESPACES=xmlns(cp,http
%3A%2F%2Finspire.ec.europa.eu%2Fschemas%2Fcp%2F4.0)

However, the DescribeFeatureType is successful when I copy-paste it into browser. I wonder what goes wrong. I had to use "-k" with curl to bypass a problem with certificate and therefore I tried also to set unsafe SSL for GDAL with "set GDAL_HTTP_UNSAFESSL=YES" but that did not change anything.

-Jukka Rahkonen-