[gdal-dev] Participating on gdal2tiles

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Sun Jan 22 02:09:59 PST 2017

On dimanche 22 janvier 2017 09:00:59 CET Grégory Bataille wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> 2 questions:
> seeing that it's complex to build trunk on mac (and that some recent
> changes have an impact on gdal2tiles output),

is it ? You can have a look at the scripts in ci/travis/osx used for the OsX target on Travis-CI.
They probably don't drag all dependencies though.

> I wanted to setup the vagrant
> box, but I get this error. Any clue?

I've just committed the missing file. Was missing a svn add at some point during a branch
merge.

> Second question: is there a python style-guide?

Not that much. https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/rfc8_devguide just mentions:
"""
* All Python code in autotest, swig/python/scripts and swig/python/samples should pass
OK with the Pyflakes checker (version used currently: 0.8.1). This is asserted by Travis-CI
jobs
* Python code should be written to be compatible with both Python 2 and Python 3.
"""

> I can see some consistency
> in the way the code is written but it's not following the PEP8 community
> standard and my editor is growing red spots all over the place. Any concern
> if I try to correct that bit by bit to PEP8?

I don't have a strong personal opinon about PEP8 vs non-PEP8, but it seems that many
Python projects enforce PEP8 compliance, so why not. The only thing to be careful with is to
separate pure style change commits from functional change commits. Otherwise it is a
history mess.

Even