[gdal-dev] Is 2.1.4 supposed to require C++11 ?

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Sun Jul 2 14:09:14 PDT 2017

> However, if I add -std=gnu++11 or -std=c++11 to the compile line for
> these files, then they compile without warning or error.  The
> whole gdal build and install then completes.
>
> -std=gnu++03 and -std=c++03 do not resolve the error, so I wonder
> whether we have accidentally added a dependancy for C++13 in 2.1.4 ?

This is more subtle than that. I guess this is due to a security update of Jasper itself that
brings use of SIZE_MAX in Jasper include files. However in RHEL 6, SIZE_MAX from stdint.h is
only defined if __cplusplus is not defined. But I guess that in C++11 mode SIZE_MAX is
defined as mandated by C++11...

Anyway this is now fixed per
https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/6951

Even