[gdal-dev] VSIS3 on digital globe multiview-stereo (NITF)

Mike Pfaffenberger mike.pfaffenberger at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 13:32:50 PDT 2017

Hi all,

I'm having an issue with VSIS3 on the Digital Globe multiview-stereo
imagery collection.

Here is an example command I'm running --
gdal_translate -srcwin 000 000 1000 1000 /vsis3/glitch253/test2.ntf
from_s3.nitf

So I'm simply cropping out an upper left 1000x1000 window. When I've done
this previously on data such as Landsat, this command would run very fast,
and only appear to download the necessary data.

The problem I'm having is that on this Digital Globe data, the command runs
very slowly and appears to download the entire image.

Is there a workaround for this?

By the way I'm using GDAL 2.3.0dev on trunk compiled today.

Thanks in advance!