[gdal-dev] gdaladdo without explicit factors specified

jratike80 jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Wed Jun 28 08:08:11 PDT 2017

Even Rouault-2 wrote
> Hi,
>
> I'm pretty sure this must have annoyed a lot of people. When you run
> gdaladdo, you need to
> specify the appropriate overview levels. Generally you use power-of-two
> factors, but the
> question is then: what is the last relevant factor given the dimension of
> my file size ?
>
> Thoughts ?

Excellent idea especially because it works in scripts also with variable
sized images. My second thought is that is there any living soul in the
World who can memorize "--config COMPRESS_OVERVIEW JPEG --config
PHOTOMETRIC_OVERVIEW YCBCR --config INTERLEAVE_OVERVIEW PIXEL" without going
to http://www.gdal.org/gdaladdo.html or by re-using their old scripts?

-Jukka Rahkonen-