[gdal-dev] compiling gdal with esri file gdb

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Mar 8 12:49:03 PST 2017

On mercredi 8 mars 2017 13:31:01 CET Richard Greenwood wrote:
> I have an ESRI file gdb with curves that I need to import so I'm trying to
> build gdal 2.2 with filegdb. I'm on Ubuntu 16.04 with gcc 5.4. I checked
> out the the svn gdal and built it with any problems.
>
> Next I got the ESRI FileGDB_API_1_5_64 and copied the contents of the lib
> and include directories from the FileGDB_API/  into /usr/local/lib/ and
> /usr/local/include/ and did a ldconfig.

I would have answered : see

https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/FileGDB#HowtodealwithGCC5.1C11ABIonLinux

but I see you mention v1.5, which seems to be new.

I found
https://github.com/Esri/file-geodatabase-api/tree/master/FileGDB_API_1.5

Did you grab the FileGDB_API_1_5_64gcc51.tar.gz  archive which must have been compiled
with the C++11 ABI, and thus be compatible with GCC 5.4 ?

They mention in their README
"    If you are using gcc 5.x and above you will need to use the FileGDB API version for GCC5 "

OK, I've just tried it myself on my Ubuntu 16.04 and it works. The test suite passes fine.

@Jürgen I see they now have a build for VS2015:
https://github.com/Esri/file-geodatabase-api/blob/master/FileGDB_API_1.5/
FileGDB_API_1_5_VS2015.zip

Even