[gdal-dev] compiling gdal with esri file gdb

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Mar 9 15:03:47 PST 2017

On jeudi 9 mars 2017 09:23:01 CET Jeff McKenna wrote:
> On 2017-03-08 4:49 PM, Even Rouault wrote:
> > @Jürgen I see they now have a build for VS2015:
> >
> > https://github.com/Esri/file-geodatabase-api/blob/master/FileGDB_API_1.5/F
> > ileGDB_API_1_5_VS2015.zip
> Wow very new indeed!  I've updated the download links on the wiki
> (https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/FileGDB) and I'll make this available
> for the MS4W community.  Good find!

For those, at least on Linux, and which use GDAL compiled *without* --with-static-proj, you
may get strange projection related failures at runtime. This is due to libFileGDBAPI.so
embedding a copy of proj.4 (without symbol hidding or renaming !!!), which conflicts with
the proj.4 that GDAL will load dlopen(). Typical error emitted is about "unknown ellipsoid".

Even