[gdal-dev] [PR] New driver for reading/writing of JPEG XR format

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Wed Mar 15 13:33:28 PDT 2017

On 15 March 2017 at 21:21, Mateusz Loskot <mateusz at loskot.net> wrote:
> On 15 March 2017 at 06:00, Kurt Schwehr <schwehr at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Mateusz,
>>
>> I tried to take a quick stab at some initial review comments.  It got
>> confusing with too many comments in a small section of code.  Sorry.  I'm
>> not used to reviewing in github.  Hopefully you can follow what I'm getting
>> at with the comments.
>
> Kurt,
>
> Although I'm familiar with GitHub PRs, comments and line comments [1],
> I'm fairly new to the new (sort of) GitHub Reviews [1].
> I think I will manage though.
>
> I appreciate your detailed comments.
>

> [1] https://help.github.com/articles/commenting-on-a-pull-request/
> [2] https://github.com/blog/2256-a-whole-new-github-universe-announcing-new-tools-forums-and-features

One more thing I forgot to mention:

I usually tend to submit single-commit pull requests.
If I need to update one, I do `git push -f ...`.
That works well for small/moderate size of PRs.

In this case, I will follow GitHub recommendation [1] to update a PR
with separate/new commits, but not push-forcing.
For example, I'm about to update .travis.yml with libjxr-dev installation in
some of gdal/ci/travis/.../before_install.sh scripts, which I'm going to push
as a new commit.

Any objections to this approach?

[1] https://help.github.com/articles/about-pull-requests/

Best regardsm