[gdal-dev] GeoPackege, views and spatial index

Rahkonen Jukka (MML) jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Thu Mar 16 14:45:09 PDT 2017

Hi,

I can create a spatial view into GeoPackage database by following the document http://www.geopackage.org/modeling_guidelines.html and I can open such a view with QGIS. But have I understood right that there is no way in GeoPackage to link the R-Tree spatial index of the main table with the view? In Spatialite it is possible via the views_geometry_columns table but I can't find anything like that from the GeoPackage specification. I wonder if GDAL and QGIS could have support for same kind of linking metadata table than Spatialite.

-Jukka Rahkonen-