[gdal-dev] ogr2ogr GML GML_INVERT_AXIS_ORDER_IF_LAT_LONG not working

andye awilliams at rapidmap.com.au
Tue Mar 21 23:41:12 PDT 2017

Folks related to a recent post about updating ogr2ogr. Seems there maybe
something else afoot.

I'm trying to export a GML3 file. I'm running into what appears to be a
known issue with LAT\LONG being swapped based on the projection.

The following creates a file which is formatted correctly except the desired
output is LAT LONG. I get LONG LAT.

Interestingly when I first tried this I have the -spat defined as LAT LONG
and got no data. Once I changed it to LONG LAT the data was fine.

I get identical result using QGIS to perform the same task with the same
defined parameters.

I also tried setting to NO to see if I was, in fact, swapping them but the
result is the same no matter what.

Taking the option out has no effect on the result.

Am I mis-applying the creation option?

ogr2ogr -f GML -spat 151.3085 -24.002934 151.394736 -23.963423 -clipsrc
spat_extent -dsco FORMAT=GML3 -dsco GML3_LONGSRS=NO --config
GML_INVERT_AXIS_ORDER_IF_LAT_LONG YES -dsco -dsco SPACE_INDENTATION=YES
-dsco WRITE_FEATURE_BOUNDED_BY=NO -dsco XSISCHEMA=EXTERNAL -t_srs
http://spatialreference.org/ref/epsg/4283/ "C:\export.gml" "C:\Import.tab"