[gdal-dev] Executing a query getting null layer

jratike80 jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Wed Mar 22 13:12:41 PDT 2017

andreahmed wrote
> I'm using WFS-T. Does ogrinfo support that ? Can you show me the full
> syntax please. I'm beginner in that topic.

Ok. A few mails ago you wrote "My data is in mapserver database which is
PostGres PostGIS. What's the equivalent function for st_linefrommultipoint?"
which made Even and I to provide you advice for PostGIS. So we must take a
few steps back because native PostGIS queries cannot be user for WFS
datasource.

Your initial problem was perhaps how to convert four corner points into a
polygon. There are probably many options but with SQLite dialect I would try
ST_ConvexHull

select ST_AsText(
ST_ConvexHull(ST_GeomFromText('MULTIPOINT(0 0, 0 1, 1 1, 1 0)')))

-Jukka Rahkonen-