[gdal-dev] ogr2ogr GML GML_INVERT_AXIS_ORDER_IF_LAT_LONG not working

jratike80 jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Sun Mar 26 23:17:53 PDT 2017

Hi,

I am not sure if the coordinate system dependent axis order was defined or
not in GML2. At least all the WFS v. 1.0.0 servers that I know and which
have GML2 as the default outputformat always produce longitude-latitude
coordinates. Therefore I would not even try to create GML2 as
latitude-longitude but I would use GML3.

With your data this command creates GML3 output with latitude-longitude axis
order.

ogr2ogr -f gml -dsco format=gml3 -a_srs epsg:4283 test.gml input.tab

Part of the output:
<gml:boundedBy><gml:Envelope
srsName="urn:ogc:def:crs:EPSG::4283"><gml:lowerCorner>-23.991034
151.319939</gml:lowerCorner

-Jukka Rahkonen-