[gdal-dev] Automating code style enforcement ?

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri May 5 04:35:51 PDT 2017

On vendredi 5 mai 2017 10:45:33 CEST Mateusz Loskot wrote:
> On 5 May 2017 at 09:22, Even Rouault <even.rouault at spatialys.com> wrote:
> >> Please, let's forget about astyle.
> >
> > Because you consider it more limited feature-wise than clang-format ?
>
> Because, clang-format is based on the same tooling as LLVM/clang,
> at least the same tokenizer/lexer, so it can process complex and
> convoluted C++ constructs within context; whenever
> those tools are applied to LLVM or clang compiler itself,
> libformat/clang-format update too.

In case we want to have a policy regarding braces around single statements, one finding
coming from the openjpeg discussion I mentionned :
"""
Moreover, concerning braces around single statements, it seems astyle does this with the
add-braces option: http://astyle.sourceforge.net/astyle.html#_add-braces[1]

"""

--------
[1] http://astyle.sourceforge.net/astyle.html#_add-braces