[gdal-dev] Dropping dlopen/LoadLibrary loading of proj.4 ?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sun May 7 01:01:40 PDT 2017

Even,

I'm +0 on this change.

On the one hand, I *like* the fact that the dlopen() approach means
that adding libproj.so after the fact means that GDAL starts
supporting coordinate system conversion without a rebuild.  On the
other hand, it isn't clear why we do this only for libproj.

I have some appreciation for Ivan's stated concerns with regard to
regression, but I don't think that should hold back cleanup in major
new versions.

Best regards,
Frank