[gdal-dev] MrSID Color Spaces

Martin Chapman mchapman at hyperacktive.com
Tue May 16 09:13:52 PDT 2017

Even or Frank or whoever it may concern,

Not a big deal but I was trying to open a JP2 file using the MrSID driver
and noticed that the mrsiddataset.cpp does not identify the color spaces
MRSID_LTI_COLORSPACE_GRAYSCALEA and MRSID_LTI_COLORSPACE_GRAYSCALEA_PM
configurations in the MrSIDRasterBand() constructor.  I happen to have a two
band JP2 that is a grayscale image with an alpha channel.   The color
interpretation comes back as GCI_undefined.  Not that important but if you
ever feel like fixing it, that would be nice.

The fix would go somewhere close to line 485 in mrsiddataset.cpp.  Basically
just need to add a couple of more case statements in the switch statement.

FYI, it does however correctly identify the color interpretation when the
jp2 file is RGBA.

Best regards,

Martin