[gdal-dev] report proj4 version to which gdal is linked?

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Nov 24 13:30:20 PST 2017

On vendredi 24 novembre 2017 22:19:08 CET Roger Bivand wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Nov 2017, Even Rouault wrote:
> >> I would have (perhaps) hoped that
> >> pj_release.c is the runtime version, but mileage may
> >
> > vary ...
> >
> > It is. I just missed pj_get_release()
>
> Thanks, I guess you can see a resoluion. Which gdal header is the most
> logical to expose this in?

Would probably makes sense to add the version found at build time in
GDALVersionInfo("BUILD_INFO") in
https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/blob/trunk/gdal/gcore/gdal_misc.cpp#L2099

PROJ_VERSION=x.y.z\n

and have a similar GDALVersionInfo("RUNTIME_INFO") for the version found at runtime
(pj_get_release() / proj_info())

PROJ_VERSION=x.y.z\n