[gdal-dev] How to use -dstnodata in gdalwarp

jratike80 jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Mon Nov 27 22:34:10 PST 2017

sunil.chaudhary wrote
> I have tried using -srcnodata 0 but I got the same result.
> I don't know about -wo UNIFIED_SRC_NODATA=YES, what exactly does that do?

Hi,

Read carefully what Even wrote and try exactly with -srcnodata "0 0 0".
There is a link to warpinp options in http://www.gdal.org/gdalwarp.html, the
link leads to
http://www.gdal.org/structGDALWarpOptions.html#a0ed77f9917bb96c7a9aabd73d4d06e08,
and there you can read about UNIFIES_SRC_NODATA this:

UNIFIED_SRC_NODATA=YES/NO: By default nodata masking values considered
independently for each band. However, sometimes it is desired to treat all
bands as nodata if and only if, all bands match the corresponding nodata
values. To get this behavior set this option to YES. Note:
UNIFIED_SRC_NODATA=YES is set by default, when called from gdalwarp /
GDALWarp()

-Jukka Rahkonen-