[gdal-dev] Building with support for VirtualOGR

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue Nov 28 04:28:22 PST 2017

René,

> As the subject reveals, I'm trying to compile with SQLite support, so I can
> load libgdal.so as an extension, as per the example on
> http://gdal.org/drv_sqlite.html.
>
> I'm building with the Android NDK and it succeeds, seemingly fine, but when
> I load the library as an extension:
[...]
> I've really been scratching my head over this, so what am I doing glaringly
> wrong?

You don't have to manually define VIRTUAL_OGR_DYNAMIC_EXTENSION_ENABLED. The
likely explanation is that configure fails to detect sqlite3. Did you check the output of the
configure to see if there's a "SQLite support:         yes" line arround the end ?

You may need to add
--with-sqlite3=/path/to/cross/compiled/sqlite3/installation/prefix

Even