[gdal-dev] Countour polygons instead of lines

Roberto Ribeiro robertofig85 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 22 06:06:37 PDT 2017

In cases of cliffs and such (i.e. sudden drops in altitude), traditional
photogrammetric softwares like PCI and Erdas work with break lines, as in,
you literally draw a line along edges you want computed discontinuously.
That is not really practical to do in command-line GDAL, though you could
import a previously created line vector and tell the algorithm to process
with those in mind.